A lot of people are hurting right now, and I want to help bring the community together to support the many organizations that are helping. I’ve had a lot of requests to continue the front porch project for charity, so I’ve decided to set up a one day charity shoot so I can get more people involved without driving all over town.
Use this link to sign up for a five minute session on June 16, then send me a receipt to show that you’ve donated at least $50 to any charitable organization of your choice to qualify for your session. See more details below.
Charitable Giving Ideas
You may already have an organization that you love to support, but here are a few ideas:
- The Greater Lansing Food Bank
- That summer camp that brings kids from many different backgrounds together, but had to close for the summer (we love Mystic Lake Camp)
- Support for your schools so they can buy books and art supplies that teach kids about diversity
- Any charity of your choice that supports the Black Lives Matter Movement
My Gift to You
As a thank you for your donation, you’ll get:
- One pose with your family (or anyone you want, as long as you’re in the same household) at the Lewis Landscape Arboretum in East Lansing (see sample photos from this location below)
- A single high resolution digital download of the photos of your choice with a print release
Full honesty – this project scares me. I have four and six year old girls, and childcare is a struggle right now. Weddings and events make up about 65% of my business, and most are rescheduling. A small part of me says don’t give photos away for free when your business is struggling.
But at the same time, I recognize that I have so many privileges. We paid our house off at the end of last year and don’t have to worry about a mortgage payment or any other debt. Our fridge is filled with food. I was once allowed to get on an airplane even though I had forgotten my id. These organizations need the support more than I do right now.