When Lauren came to me for her small business branding photos, she wanted to convey both her professionalism as a wedding photographer and her passions outside of her business. She needed photos that would personalize her professional website and give her something to work with in social media.
It was also important to her to keep her branding colors in mind—mainly light blue and white.
After Lauren filled out her Story Session Questionnaire, we planned her session out in two parts:
- Studio branding photos at The Lansing Studio (this was before I had my own studio, but I do love all that we have to work with when I’m taking photos in that space)
- On Location photos on her family’s sailboat on the Detroit River (this is a big part of Lauren’s family and personal story)
Lauren did a great job bringing those branding colors into her clothing to tie the whole session together.
Three Branding Photography Tips to Learn From Lauren
- As a solo business owner, don’t be afraid to mix things up. Yes, absolutely get those professional photos that show you hard at work. But you might also find that showing your own personal side will be a great fit for social media content and other sections of your website.
- Bring your branding colors into your outfits to maintain consistency.
- Bring along personalize props, like that little succulent that lives on your desk, or your favorite art print.
Interested in your own branding session?